Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DAY-2: The Consequences of Seeking Knowledge

Surely, there can be no consequences in seeking knowledge, I'm sure many will say. Knowledge is to consciousness like air to lungs. The acquiring of practical knowledge, technical knowledge, scientific knowledge is what drives the social evolution of the human. We have all been taught that those things that are considered the crowning successes of human achievement is owed to the mind and the mind's search for answers in an ultimately unknown and seemingly indifferent existence.

When I look back at my pattern of acquiring knowledge, I am a bit curious that I didn't fully see the uselessness of the endeavor. Don't get me wrong. I'm not an anti-intellectual or Luddite or against the mechanics of consciousness or its applications, generally speaking.There are countless people more intelligent than myself who get paid a lot of money for thinking a lot. But in my case, the search involved years and years of searching for an elusive key that helped explain everything. I looked into nearly everything, and everything seemed both to be plausible and downright looney-tunes.

And what was the end-point of it all? In my pattern of endlessly searching for an "answer," I accepted and allowed this sick and dying world to continue to be sick and dying; My seeking, which was in large part trying the figure out why the world was so fucked up in the first place, ultimately had no effect. I'm sure there are like-minded people who feel the same way, they they can initiate a welcome and meaningful change to the world through acquiring knowledge... or through accessing freedom of the mind by the use of drugs. Or sayings in an ancient religious tome. Or the wise words of a Guru or a trance medium. I did it all, but I failed to grasp one salient point:knowledge is useless... unless placed into action.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that the search for knowledge is a meaningless activity which fails due to not being able to direct action in a sufficient way.
I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to understand what true knowledge is only as effective as its proper application.
I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to realize that through devoting all my time to reading metaphysics and philosophy, I did nothing to correct and sort out our world.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that I am superior for being more well-read.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to stand on my knowledge as power.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for relying on knowledge as a way to deal with the world.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that MY version of my acquired knowledge is the best version.

I commit myself to relax and drop my reliance on knowledge as a way to deal with the world.
I commit myself to strengthen my self-directive principle in acting what is best for all rather than believe the empty promises of knowledge and information.
I commit myself to further understand why philosophers and metaphysicians have no real effect on this world due to the nature of philosophy and metaphysics where both engage heavily in mental speculation and emotional brainwashing, and neither of these disciplines have a hope in solving the problems in this world.
i commit myself to stop all backchat about myself being "more clever" than others (Self-interest).
I commit myself to stand in whatever knowledge and information I have acquired and channel it into the Living Principle of what is Best for All. I understand that my version of knowledge and information is not the "best"or cleverest around.









No comments:

Post a Comment